Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
it's a white fluffy cake that people can't get enbough of
Make and share this Puto recipe from Food.com.
- You may use long grain.
- In a heavy duty blender, puree soaked rice in water until very fine.
- Pour in a bowl; add sugar and 2 teaspoons baking powder.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Add 2 tablespoons sugar to keep the air in the beaten egg whites.
- Fold the egg whites into the beaten rice batter and pour into muffin pans.
- Steam for about 20 minutes or until done. (Optional: Sprinkle a few anise seeds on top of the puto) Serve with grated coconut.
- Note: You may use basket steamer in a wok half filled with water.