Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
it's a white fluffy cake that people can't get enbough of
- 2 cups rice, soaked in
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, overnight
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons sugar, for egg whites
- coconut, to ur desire
- You may use long grain.
- In a heavy duty blender, puree soaked rice in water until very fine.
- Pour in a bowl; add sugar and 2 teaspoons baking powder.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Add 2 tablespoons sugar to keep the air in the beaten egg whites.
- Fold the egg whites into the beaten rice batter and pour into muffin pans.
- Steam for about 20 minutes or until done. (Optional: Sprinkle a few anise seeds on top of the puto) Serve with grated coconut.
- Note: You may use basket steamer in a wok half filled with water.