Recipe by spatchcock
My mom sent me some really healthy recipes recently. These look wonderful, but I haven't tried them yet.
Top Review by WI Cheesehead
These were pretty good, but needed some more sweetener and maybe some vanilla. I made exactly, except left out the extra egg white and the raisins. I dropped the batter onto parchment paper lined sheets and spread them out, as they wouldn't have by themselves. I added a few choc. chips. Comes out very moist and chewy.
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup oats
- 1 large mashed banana
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup original pumpkorn pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄2 cup granola cereal or 1⁄2 cup trail mix
- 1⁄4 cup raisins or 1⁄4 cup nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put in blender and grind: sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, and oats (Note: I find it easier to grind 1/2 cup of ingredients at a time).
- Mix remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- Add ground seeds and nuts to mixture and bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes (May need to bake a bit longer or shorter, depending on your altitude).