Recipe by JillAZ
My neighbor gave me this recipe, I think she got it from Bon Appetit. This is on the menu for Thanksgiving this year. This needs to chill overnight before serving. Make sure to use canned pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling. Also, if you don't have pumpkin pie spice you can use 1/4 teaspoon each of cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Note: After making this for Thanksgiving, I think the spices need to be upped a bit. I would make again, just spice it up more and possibly add some vanilla to the cream while whipping it. Also, I used almost 2 packages of lady fingers for one recipe. There is no way 1 would have been enough.
Top Review by Weiner's Mom
I have Bon Appetit subscription and I saw this recipe there, I loved to see it here so I could have an idea of nutrition facts. However this dessert wasn't a hit at my Christmas party. I think it is for people who donâ€™t really like very sweet desserts. Something missing there, or maybe I should just stick with either the traditional tiramisu or a traditional pumpkin pie. I had so much leftover that I ended up throwing away (hard to believe). Very easy to make and pretty presentation - unfortunately no a winner.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 ounces ladyfingers
- 4 tablespoons rum
- 2 ounces amaretti cookies, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, whip the cream and sugar together until peaks form.
- Add the mascarpone, pumpkin and spice and beat just until blended and smooth.
- Set aside.
- Cut the ladyfingers in half.
- Line the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan with half of the ladyfingers. They will be crowded and overlap some.
- Sprinkle the ladyfingers with 2 T of the rum.
- spread with half of the cheese/pumpkin filling.
- Repeat, using the remaining ladyfingers, rum and filling.
- Smooth the top and cover tightly with plastic wrap and then foil.
- Place in fridge to chill overnight.
- To serve: Run a knife around the inside edge of the pan. Release the sides and place tiramisu on a serving plate.
- Sprinkle the top with the crushed amaretti cookies.