Recipe by Jajaja
This is from So Fat, Low Fat, No Fat Desserts cookbook and I thought it was just divine.
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 2 cups canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped nuts (optional)
- whipped topping (optional) or powdered sugar, glaze (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Prepare two 8-inch loaf pans by coating them lightly with vegetable oil cooking spray and lining the bottoms with waxed paper.
- Combine the applesauce and sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix until blended, then whip in the egg substitute.
- Stir in the pumpkin.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cloves, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Whisk until thoroughly blended.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the egg mixture.
- When nicely blended, pour into the prepared pans.
- Sprinkle with the chopped nuts, if desired.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pans; remove waxed paper and finish cooling on rack.
- Serve with whipped topping or glaze with a powdered sugar glaze if desired.