Recipe by Mom2Rose
Source: Betty Crocker "Chocolate and caramel drizzles add a new flavor punch to creamy pumpkin-oat bars."
Top Review by SharonChen
These were delicious! Very satisfying but not too heavy. I topped with some melted chocolate and powdered sugar. The recipe says to bake the cookie crust in an ungreased pan. I found that it's a little difficult to take out the bars. Other than that, it was great! Thanks for the recipe!
- 496.11 g packagebetty crocker oatmeal cookie mix
- 118.29 ml gingersnap cookie, crushed
- 118.29 ml pecans, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml cold butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 2 (453.59 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 29.58 ml whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 78.07 ml chocolate fudge topping
- 78.07 ml caramel topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- In large bowl, stir together cookie mix, crushed cookies and pecans.
- Cut in butter, using pastry blender or fork, until mixture is crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup mixture for topping.
- Press remaining mixture in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Add remaining filling ingredients; beat until well blended.
- Pour over warm cookie base.
- Sprinkle with reserved topping.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
- Before serving, drizzle with chocolate and caramel toppings.
- For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.
- Store covered in refrigerator.