Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Nut and egg free, 100% whole grain, but packed with rich flavour! An oat, whole wheat and pumpkin seed mixture makes the perfect base for a barely sweetened pumpkin layer. The whole thing gets topped off with yet more oaty crumble and baked to rich perfection!
- 1⁄4 cup old fashioned oats (not instant or quick cooking)
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 2⁄3 cups pumpkin puree (not pie mix)
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup old fashioned oats (not instant or quick cooking)
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a 9” pan with parchment.
- Combine crust ingredients, mixing with a pastry blender or fork.
- Press into the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat together the pumpkin, brown sugar, honey and pumpkin spice until smooth.
- Whisk together the milk and cornstarch and mix into the pumpkin mixture.
- Spread filling over baked crust.
- Combine the topping mixture until crumbly and sprinkle over the filling.
- Return to the oven and bake another 25-30 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting.