Great with coffee.
Make and share this Pumpkin Squares recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 13 1⁄2 ounces evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar and butter in a bowl.
- Mix until crumbly, using an electric mixer on low speed.
- Press into a ungreased 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Bake at 350°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, white sugar, salt and spices in a mixing bowl-beat well.
- Pour into baked crust.
- Bake for another 20 minutes on 350°F.
- Combine pecans, brown sugar and butter; sprinkle over pumpkin filling and put back in the oven for another 15-20 minutes, or until filling is set.
- Cool in pan on a rack, then cut and serve.
Very Yummy!! It reminded me of a pumpkin pie with the crust and topping of an crisp. Big hit with my family.
Very sweet. I'd cut down the sugar next time. The pumpkin filling came out a bit damp for my taste. Gave the impression it was still raw even though it wasn't. But good flavor! Maybe it will firm up once it cools completely.
This is THE most awesome pumpkin bar I have ever tasted! It was easy and fairly quick to make. I LOVE the spices, esp. the cloves in this recipe. Yes, it is a bit gooey, but they are too delicious to worry about it. Believe it or not, my family ate them over ice cream!