1/3 Photos of Pumpkin Spice Walnut Cake
Thank you Country Home for this wonderful recipe!! I wanted to share with you all:-) The recipe needed to be written out for ease of use so I did (they had it jumbled up on the website). I added walnuts to the recipe...love those! If you don't have BUTTERMILK then use cow's milk mixed with 2 TBSP of white Vinegar. I also included the frosting that I used instead of the one the site had. Also if you only have a 1/4 cup and not a 3/4 cup simply fill a 1 cup up to about 1/2 inch from the top other wise you'll have to use the 1/4 cup 3 times....just a nice little short cut I like to use:-)
My Private Note
LAYER C ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ounces chopped walnuts (throw it into the batter or save it to sprinkle on top of the frosting in the end)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk or 3/4 cup sour milk
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1Preheat the oven at 350.
- 2In a medium bowl stir together the first 10 ingredients listed; set aside.
- 3beat softened butter and shortening on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- 4Add sugar and vanilla; beat until well combined.
- 5Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 6Measure Buttermilk in a liquid measuring cup then stir in Pumpkin. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk mixture to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
- 7Pour into prepared pans, spreading evenly.
- 8Bake in a 350° oven for 30 to 35 minutes (for a 9inch only 25 min) or until a wooden toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove cake layers from pans. Cool thoroughly on wire racks.
- 9CREAM CHEESE FROSTING BELOW.
- 101 8oz pk cream cheese.
- 112 cups powdered sugar (or more if you want a thicker frosting).
- 124 TBSP unsalted butter.
- 131 TBSP cream (optional).
- 14Combine frosting in no particular order & use. Be sure to store the cake in the fridge due to the cream cheese in the frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Spice Walnut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.5
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 33.4 mg
- Sodium 196.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 3.7 g