Vegan Pumpkin Walnut Cake - Thermomix Version
- Ready In:
- 100 g vegan butter, I use food.com Banana Vegan Butter
- 200 g brown sugar
- 120 g white sugar
- vegan egg replacer powder for 2 egg
- 100 g soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 g pumpkin puree, I used fresh but canned is OK
- 250 g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mace
- 50 g walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 180°C Grease and flour a 9in square cake pan.
- Mix butter and sugars 10 seconds/speed 4 - or until combined.
- Add the egg replacer, soy milk, vanilla and pumpkin. Mix 10 seconds/speed 5. Scrape down. Mix 10 seconds/speed 5 again.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Mix 10 seconds/speed 5. Scrape down. Mix 10 seconds/speed 5 again.
- Add the walnuts and stir in by hand - the Tmix will pulverize them!
- Spoon mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Although I am a US citizen, I have spent most of my adult life living outside of the States. I've raised my family all over the world - and I have to say that my four kids are pretty terrific! I am always looking for recipes that only call for basic ingredients. Because I don't live in the US, I often can't find packages or this, or jars and cans of that, even certain spices can be tricky. My favorite cookbooks are the New Joy of Cooking, and anything by Nigela Lawson. My passions are cooking and eating - big surprise there. I have no pet peeves, I don't keep any peeves around long enough to make them into pets. I especially love baking, but I'm trying to get away from that - the carbs are starting to stick to my hips a little too easily. I took a Sushi making course recently. It was a lot of fun; I now know that I need to GO OUT for Sushi, not make it myself.