1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Spice Cake With Orange Buttercream Frosting
1 hr 5 mins
This cake is very moist and the flavor can't be beat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box spice cake mix (without pudding in the mix)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts (optional) or 1/2 cup pecans (optional)
- 8 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 3 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Place cake mix, pudding mix, pumpkin, oil, water, eggs and spice in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened.
- 3Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- 4Pour into greased and floured 13x9-inch baking pan.
- 5Bake 32 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 6Cool cake in pan on wire rack for at least 20 minutes.
- 7To make frosting, place the butter in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed about 30 seconds.
- 8Add the confectioner's sugar and 3 tablespoons of the orange juice. Blend with the mixer on low speed approximately 1 minute.
- 9Increase the speed to medium and mix approximately 1 more minute, until the frosting is light and fluffy. If needed, blend in 1 more tablespoon of orange juice to obtain proper consistency.
- 10Frost the top of the cake. If desired, sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- 11Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Spice Cake With Orange Buttercream Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.7
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 50.1 mg
- Sodium 364.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 48.5 g
- Protein 2.7 g