Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Is it pumpkin time already? My kids love helping with this.
- 3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sift together the flour & spices in a medium bowl.
- In a second, larger mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, oil, sugar & eggs.
- Add the flour mixture, to the egg mixture, stirring until well combined.
- Divide the batter in half between the 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake about 50-60 minutes until a wooden pick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in the pans, then turn out onto a rack and cool completely.