Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted by request from FT, not my recipe. From a web site source of this wonderfull cheese!
Make and share this Pumpkin Soup With Fourme D'ambert recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 lbs pumpkin, section of
- 3 1⁄2 ounces cheese, Fourme d'Ambert
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons isigny butter, with coarse rock salt
- 3⁄4 cup creme fraiche, generous
- fine salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Remove the seeds, filaments and rind from the pumpkin.
- Cut the flesh into small pieces.
- Over low heat, cook the pumpkin pieces in the melted butter, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Pour in 3/4 cup water, add 1/2 teaspoons salt, cover and let cook 20 minutes longer over low heat.
- Put the pumpkin through a food mill using the fine strainer plate, purée in a blender, add the crème fraîche and season with salt and pepper.
- Gently bring the soup to a boil.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and lay five thin slices of the fourme d'Ambert cheese on the surface.
- Wait for a moment until the cheese has melted and serve.
I am SO glad that you posted this recipe Shadows, it is truly excellent! Pumpkin, cheese, creme fraiche and good butter - what a classic combination! I added a bit more than the amount of cheese stated - I ALWAYS do as I am a cheese fiend!!! Excellent recipe, I am only sorry that the photo was not up to scratch - bad light and in a hurry to eat it were the proplems there! I used some pre-cooked (roasted) frozen pumpkin, Spicy Roast Pumpkin, with great success. You should try this, it would work with Stilton or any other robust cheese too! Thanks. FT:-)