1/2 Photos of Pumpkin Soup With Fourme D'ambert
Chef Shadows's Note:
Posted by request from FT, not my recipe. From a web site source of this wonderfull cheese!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove the seeds, filaments and rind from the pumpkin.
- 2Cut the flesh into small pieces.
- 3Over low heat, cook the pumpkin pieces in the melted butter, covered, for 5 minutes.
- 4Pour in 3/4 cup water, add 1/2 teaspoons salt, cover and let cook 20 minutes longer over low heat.
- 5Put the pumpkin through a food mill using the fine strainer plate, purée in a blender, add the crème fraîche and season with salt and pepper.
- 6Gently bring the soup to a boil.
- 7Ladle the soup into bowls and lay five thin slices of the fourme d'Ambert cheese on the surface.
- 8Wait for a moment until the cheese has melted and serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Soup With Fourme D'ambert
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.7
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 103.7 mg
- Sodium 330.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 7.8 g