Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Really easy recipe that I got from a nice elder lady I figured I would share this with other people. I'm not a person that likes pumpkin but this cake is really good!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the sugar, pumpkin, oil and eggs.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and cloves.
- Gradually add to pumkpin mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a greased cookie sheet (my sheet is 17 1/2 x 12 and it workd just right for this cake).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. (If you used a smaller pan the cake will be thicker and will take a little longer to bake.).
- For frosting, in a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Gradually beat in the confectioner's sugar until smooth.
- Spread over cooled cake.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.