Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is one of my favorites in the fall.Thanks, Brian!
- 1 (15 ounce) can canned pumpkin puree
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Cake: In a mixing bowl, beat pumpkin, 2 cups white sugar, and oil.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda,/powder spices and salt.
- Add these dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, and beat until well blended.
- Pour batter into a greased 15 x 10 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Cool& frost.
- Frosting: Mix well until smooth.
- May add a bit of milk if you want to make the consistency you like.
I made this for a chuch hayride party and it was a hit. I used two 8" round pans and made it into a layer cake and added pumpkin pie sprice to the cream cheese frosting. Mmmmmmm.
I've made this many times and everyone loves it. It's very moist. I don't use the oil. Instead I sub the oil with unsweetened applesauce. You don't even miss the oil.
Absolutely delicious. I used 2 eggs, a little less oil, and a little more pumpkin. Also subbed nutmeg for the ginger and cloves since I couldn't find them in Argentina! Used frosting recipe 68975.