My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat stock to a bare simmer in a saucepan.
- 2Heat butter in a large, heavy bottom saucepan next to it on the stove.
- 3Add onion to the butter and sauté over medium heat until it turns translucent.
- 4Add rice, stir and add 11/2 cups of stock.
- 5When the rice has absorbed most of the liquid.
- 6Add another 1 1/2 cups stock.
- 7Add another 1 1/2 cups in the same fashion along with the minced sage and squash.
- 8Add another 1 1/2 cups stock, salt and pepper to taste.
- 9After most of the stock has been absorbed, taste rice.
- 10It should be firm but tender.
- 11If too firm, add some or all of the remaining stock, again tasting to discover when it is just right.
- 12Leave the risotto a little runny before you add the cheese so it will have a nice creamy texture.
- 13Dish into soup plates and stick a sage leaf in the middle of each plate.
- 14Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Riscotto
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 619.5
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 31.2 mg
- Sodium 815.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 22.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: