Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
(Bon Appetit, January 1998)
- 473.18 ml flour
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 425.24 g can pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 177.44 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml raisins
- 113.39 g cream cheese, room temperature
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- 78.07 ml butter or 78.07 ml margarine, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Grease baking sheet (15 1/2x10 1/2 for bars or 10 x 13 pan for cake like-squares) Stir first 8 ingredients together (flour- cloves) in large bowl to blend.
- Add pumpkin, eggs and oil and beat until blended.
- Stir in raisins.
- Spread batter in pan.
- Bake until done, 25 minutes for bars or 35 minutes for squares--depending on size of pan.
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and butter in bowl to blend.
- Spread frosting over cake in pan.
Very moist, and delicious! I did not add the raisins, and I didn't have cloves. I used Neufchâtel cheese in the frosting, doubled the recipe, added a bit of lemon juice, and topped with toasted pecans. I baked in a Pyrex 13x9 dish at 325F for 30 minutes. Tagged for Rookie Recipes, due 05/03/14.
Delicious - Moist -Easy - Fabulous. I will definately be putting this in my collection. It reminds me of carrot cake without all the work. I used the 10 x 13 pan for the cake option. It is hard to resist going for a second serving.