Something different to make with pumpkin. Goes well with grilled chops or sausages. This recipe was given to me by our next door neighbour Maewyn when I was about 10yrs old and learning to cook different foods:) I could always be found in her kitchen when not in ours:)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pumpkin
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- Boil pumpkin in salted water til tender.
- Drain and mash.
- Add egg yolks and mix in well.
- Whip egg whites until soft peaks form then fold in carefully.
- Put mix into greased ovenware dish and bake at 350deg for 20-25minutes.
- Variations: Add some finely chopped onion before baking.
- Add some chopped parsley and grated cheese.
- Add some diced cooked bacon.