Recipe by Jen T
Something different to make with pumpkin. Goes well with grilled chops or sausages. This recipe was given to me by our next door neighbour Maewyn when I was about 10yrs old and learning to cook different foods:) I could always be found in her kitchen when not in ours:)
Top Review by Orchard
I made this last night, adding cheese and parsley, but unfortunately my husband and I both thought it was too bland. Since I have a lot of pumpkin to use up, I decided to make it again tonight, only this time I added chipotle pepper, cilantro, and a bit of honey, and we ended up really liking it that way. I might experiment with different additions in the future.
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pumpkin in salted water til tender.
- Drain and mash.
- Add egg yolks and mix in well.
- Whip egg whites until soft peaks form then fold in carefully.
- Put mix into greased ovenware dish and bake at 350deg for 20-25minutes.
- Variations: Add some finely chopped onion before baking.
- Add some chopped parsley and grated cheese.
- Add some diced cooked bacon.