Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb chorizo sausage, casing removed, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 roasted red peppers, chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup quick-cooking polenta
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded manchego cheese or 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese or 1 cup smoked cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over med-high heat; add in olive oil and chorizo; cook for a minute or two, then add in the onions; cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the black beans and red peppers; heat through for another minute or two.
- In a big saucepan, bring the chicken stock and butter to a boil; stir in the pumpkin.
- Add the polenta and stir until it masses (about 2 minutes).
- Remove pan from heat; add in thyme, salt, pepper, and cheese; stir to combine and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Pour or spoon the polenta onto plates; top with chorizo and beans; garnish with parsley.
very good and very easy meal to make. The polenta bubbles a lot so be careful and wear long sleeves lol. It doesn't have a lot of pumpkin flavor which is fine for the DH who doesn't like polenta anyway. I recommend trying it. BTW it makes two very generous servings. Also would eat this on a cold rainy day. It's very comforting.
This is delicious and so fast to put together. For some reason I enjoyed Recipe#248982 much more, possibly because of the type of cheese (or lack of wine!), but they are both delicious and don't let the pumpkin make you think this is an autumn dish. The pumpkin flavor is subtle and this would be great anytime of the year.