Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by starkrazi
very good and very easy meal to make. The polenta bubbles a lot so be careful and wear long sleeves lol. It doesn't have a lot of pumpkin flavor which is fine for the DH who doesn't like polenta anyway. I recommend trying it. BTW it makes two very generous servings. Also would eat this on a cold rainy day. It's very comforting.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb chorizo sausage, casing removed, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 roasted red peppers, chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup quick-cooking polenta
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded manchego cheese or 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese or 1 cup smoked cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over med-high heat; add in olive oil and chorizo; cook for a minute or two, then add in the onions; cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the black beans and red peppers; heat through for another minute or two.
- In a big saucepan, bring the chicken stock and butter to a boil; stir in the pumpkin.
- Add the polenta and stir until it masses (about 2 minutes).
- Remove pan from heat; add in thyme, salt, pepper, and cheese; stir to combine and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Pour or spoon the polenta onto plates; top with chorizo and beans; garnish with parsley.