Recipe by smelly0610
Wonderful breakfast idea for those who love pumpkin(like me)This recipe is a slightly altered version that I got from Sparkpeople.com
Top Review by MrsHudson
Good idea but definitely not the recipe for us. Even after quadrupling the sugar (used real sugar- no artificial sugar in this house), adding copious amounts of nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla, all we can taste is pumpkin. No sweet, no spice, just pumpkin. But I like the idea so I'll play with the amounts. Thanks for the idea though!
- 1⁄2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup water
- 1 pinch ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- Mix all ingredients.
- Cook over low heat for 20 minutes, or until thick.
- If you want something a bit creamier, use skim milk instead of water.
- For Vegan do not use milk.