Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies, Diabetic
photo by Lalaloula
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup non-hydronenized margarine
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons natural cocoa (or Dutch cocoa, your choice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- .Heat oven to 350°F
- In medium bowl, beat margarin, egg and vanilla until light and well combined.
- Stir together Splenda, flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Stir in small chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or just until set (do not over bake).
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
Mmmm! nice cookies, I like how they were nice and soft inside. I kind of went overboard on the cocoa so mine are a bit dark but I liked that, I used whole wheat cake flour so that would make them a bit darker also. I put a wee bit more raising powder in them to compensate. a nice cookie that I can have for a wee treat at Christmas time. Thank you I love your recipes Annacia. Made for Tis the season for giving.2010
Annacia, this is a wonderful, moist and chocolatey cookie that everyone in my house enjoyed so much! The cocoa adds a bitter-sweet touch and makes this cookie very special and oh so yummy! I luved how quick and easy this was to put together and what a fab result it yielded! Instead of splenda I used sugar (Im not diabetic), but reduced it to 1/4 cup, which was plenty for me. I will surely make this winner of a recipe again and again! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for sharing it with us! Made and reviewed for PRMR Holiday Special Decembre 09.