Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mother found this recipe a few years ago at pumpkinnook.com. I have been using this recipe for three years already (this will be my fourth year using it), and it hasn't failed me yet. You can always use canned pumpkin if you don't have fresh pumpkin.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix pumpkin, sugars, orange peel, and spices in large bowl.
- Add evaporated milk and eggs. Mix all ingredients well.
- Bake at 425°F for fifteen minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F degrees and bake for 45 minutes more.
- Variation: substitute allspice for nutmeg.
- Add 2 tablespoons of bourbon for bourbon pumpkin pie.
WOW! This pie is a dream! It's the first pumpking pie for me and I found it delicious.
I supposed that the filling would not firm enogh, but there was no problem at all. It was juicy and still firm!
The spices combo including the "all spices" is fantastic and I did not change it.
Thanks a lot for posting this recipe.
I prepared the dough for the crust with:
3/4 all pourpose flour
3/4 whole wheat flour
1/4 cup oil
1/3 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
This was absolutely perfect! Made it for PAC 2011. My husband ate it all up within 4 days and requested another one be made!! I did and I bet it won't last another 4 days! Follow the recipe EXACTLY and you will not go wrong!!! Thanks!
YUMMO!!!!!!! Sweet Goodness! I used frozen pureed butternut from this past years harvest. I skipped the orange( I would have really liked it but DS and DH wouldn`t) Thanks!