Fresh from the Garden Pumpkin Pie
photo by Fighting Irish #7
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (one small-medium pumpkin will make about 1 quart of puree)
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice or 1/8 teaspoon clove
- 4 eggs
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
To prepare pumkin:
- Cut the pumpkin in half, discarding the stringy insides.
- Then peel and cut the pumpkin into chunks.
- Place in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the pumpkin chunks are tender.
- Remove from water.
- Let the chunks cool, and then puree the flesh in a food processor or mash.
- For the pie: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- blend all ingredients well in large bowl, pour into prepared unbaked pie shell, bake at 425F for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350F and bake 45 minutes longer or until set, let cool at least 30 minutes.
- Chill before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I am rating this on smell alone because its still hot. It was so easy to put together, 10 minutes max and it was oven ready. I made tarts instead of a pie so I had to adjust the time but they came out looking good and with the remainder of pumpkin pie filling I put it in a baking dish and baked it. The kids will eat it for dessert today with some ice cream. Thanks for an easy, smelling good recipe.