Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love pumpkin pie and was so happy to get this one from a friend. I love ginger and the addition of ginger juice makes it extra special.
- 2⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ginger juice (made with a garlic press)
- 2 cups fresh pie pumpkin, roasted and pureed
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon good vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish frozen pie crusts (or make your own if you feel so inclined)
- Place a baking sheet in the oven and preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly whisk together the first ingredients.
- Then add the pumpkin, molassas, ginger juice, vanilla, and eggs.
- Beat until fully combined then add the whipping cream.
- Mix vigorously until all the heavy cream has been incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the frozen pie shell -there may be a just a little bit of filling left over.
- Place the pie on the preheated sheet pan. Bake for 10 minutes at 450 degrees then lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Bake at 325 for about 45 - 50 minutes (until the sides puff up and the center has just set).
- Cool at room temperature, then refrigerate the pie until ready to serve.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature with a dollop of fresh whipped cream.