Recipe by Chads Cook
My mom had made this every Thanksgiving for as long as I can remember and now with all her daughters married, she makes extra for us to take home with us for our husbands! I'm unsure of the correct size of the can of pumpkin since I only buy 1 particular brand. I'll update as soon as I get the correct info.
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 3⁄4 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine eggs, sugar, salt, and spices.
- Add pumpkin to mix.
- Stir in milk.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- These fit easily into gallon size ziploc bags and stack wonderfully.
- We've found that Kroger brand pumpkin works best for this recipe, if you have a Kroger grocery store near you.