Recipe by lrbrowne
A great combination of pumpkin pie and pecan pie
Top Review by crazycookinmama
If I could give this more than 5 stars I definitely would!!!!! Delicious! I have never had pecan pie before, but this pie was marvelous. It looked wonderful coming out of the oven, and if I wasn't so sleep deprived when I pulled it out I would have taken a picture before it was cut into! Thanks for a phenomenal recipe!
- 9 inches unbaked pie shells
- 15 ounces plain pumpkin puree
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In mixing bowl combine pumpkin, brown and granulated sugar, cinnamon, ginger, allspice cloves, salt vanilla, eggs and milk.
- Mix until blended.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- While baking prepare topping.
- For the topping, mix 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 3/4 cups chopped pecans until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the topping on the pie and bake an additional 25 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate for a few hours to make slicing easier.
- Can be prepared the day before.