Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I just love these glorified cake mix recipes - so easy and so fail proof. And I might add delicious as well. This would make a great holiday dessert. I like this just topped with sweetened whipped cream or if you prefer, a cream cheese frosting would also be good.
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease and flour a 9x13 baking pan.
- In large mixer bowl, stir together cake mix, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger.
- Make a well in the center and pour in pumpkin, oil and eggs.
- Beat on low speed until blended.
- Scrape bowl and beat 4 minutes on medium speed.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool and frost as desired.
P have been making this cake for years and it is wonderful!!!! I had lost the recipe...thanks so much for postingit..I serve mine without frosting and we love it and save some calories..sometimes for breakfast I will eat cream cheese on mine!!