Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an excellent Holiday season breakfast treat.
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- Coat with oil or cooking spray Combine eggs, buttermilk, butter, pumpkin, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Blend ingredients together.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Mix in the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the skillet to form 5-inch circles (1/4 cup portions).
- When the batter stops bubbling and edges begin to harden, flip the pancakes.
- They should be dark brown.
- This will take about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes and cook the other side for the same amount of time, until dark brown.
These are delicious! I didn't have buttermilk so I mixed some lemon juice into skim milk to substitute. My family loved them as well. I'm sure you could make a bunch of them and freeze!
Made these for my husband for breakfast. They're delicious. Thanks for the recipe.
Outstanding! Light and fluffy which is mandatory, for me, for pancakes. The pumpkin and spice flavors were prominent but not overpowering, just perfect in my opinion.