Recipe by Chef MB
From my Halloween files. Says to use a pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter for added effect.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cold, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until well blended. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles a coarse meal. Stir in the pumpkin and orange zest.
- Pat the dough 1/2 inch thick on a floured surface. Cut with a floured 2 inch cutter, or cut into 2 inch squares.
- Place on a well greased cookie sheet. Gather up the scraps, repeat and cut again.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl and add the cream. Brush onto the biscuits evenly with the mixture. Bake for 15 minutes or until fluffy and golden brown.