1/9 Photos of Pumpkin Muffins
This is a make-over of a Weight Watchers make-over. The fat has been reduced as has the sugar. These are a moist, spice muffin that can be enjoyed for breakfast or a quick dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Splenda granular
- 1/2 cup fat free egg substitute
- 1/3 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped fine
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- 3Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, non-fat powdered milk in a large bowl.
- 4Combine the applesauce, pumpkin, sugar, Splenda, oil, egg substitute and water in a medium bowl; mix thoroughly.
- 5Add the applesauce mixture to flour mixture, mixing until completely incorporated.
- 6Pour the batter into muffin tin, filling about 2/3 full.
- 7Sprinkle tops of batter with walnuts.
- 8Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until tester inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean.
- 9Please note: When you bake with Splenda, the cooking time is greatly reduced.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.7
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 477.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: