Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Yum prep time does not include prebaking pumpkin
Make and share this Pumpkin Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 1 kg roasted pumpkin
- 30 g butter
- 200 g feta cheese
- 1200 g lasagna noodles
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 73.94 ml olive oil
- 73.94 ml parmesan cheese or 73.94 ml cheddar cheese, for a milder flavour
- 400 g spinach or 400 g silver beet
- salt and pepper
basic white sauce
- 50 g butter
- 73.94 ml plain flour
- 600 ml milk
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Roast the pumpkin (200C for about 20-40 minutes until tender) and soak pasta in a little boiling water to soften a little. Crush the pumpkin with a fork, adding 2 tbsp of the olive oil if there aren't sufficient juices to keep it moist. Leave it a little chunky, you don't want it too smooth.
- In a large frying pan melt the butter over a med to high heat. Add the garlic, stir and add spinach leaves until they wilt. Add them a handful at a time to prevent stewing. Season and drain in a colander. Transfer to a mixing bowl, add the feta and 1 tbsp of grated cheese (parmesan or cheddar). Mix well.
- Cover bottom of lasagna dish with pasta sheets, top with a layer of pumpkin, top with a 2nd layer of pasta, then the spinach and cheese mixture. Put on the 3rd layer of pasta followed by more pumpkin then the final layer of pasta. Make a basic white sauce and pour over the top then sprinkle with a little more parmesan Cook in a medium oven until brown on top, about 20 minutes. Serve hot.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and stir in the flour. Cook, stirring continuously, for 1 minute, until the mixture forms a smooth ‘roux’.
- Remove the pan from the heat and gradually pour in the milk, stirring or whisking constantly. Return the pan to the heat and bring to the boil, still stirring or whisking.
- Reduce the heat and simmer the white sauce gently for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it is smooth and thick. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Reviewed for PAC October 2011- delicious lasagne! This made a very large, rich lasagne. Refreshing to have a lasagna that isn't loaded with tomato and mozzarella cheese. I used approx 500 grams (2.5 packs) of dried gluten-free lasagne sheets and gluten-free flour for the sauce. Didn't use any of the 5 tablespoons of olive oil listed and the pasta dish took around 45 minutes in the oven for me . Photo also to be posted