White Chocolate Espresso Cheesecake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Blend or process cookies until finely chopped.
- Add butter and combine.
- Press mixture evenly over base and sides of a greased 22cm springform tin.
- Cover and refrigerate whilst preparing filling.
- Filling: Dissolve coffee in hot water.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth, then beat in eggs one at a time until just combined.
- Pour mixture over cookie base in tin.
- Spoon coffee over top and use a skewer to gently swirl coffee mixture in, creating a marble type pattern.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180°C) for about 40 minutes or until just set.
- Cover the top lightly with foil if its becoming too brown.
- Cool in oven with door ajar.
- Topping: Pour cream into a small saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and remove from heat.
- Add chocolate and stir until chocolate is melted and incorporated.
- Spread topping over the top of cooled cheesecake and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve cheesecake with a dusting of cocoa powder and decorated with chocolate coffee beans.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow was this good - loved it. I took Chia's advice and reduced the amount of coffee; for some reason it seemed to sink to the bottom of the cheese mixture and formed an extra layer b/w the crust and the cheese. So we didn't get the swirl effect but it was delicious nevertheless. Loved the idea of using the white chocolate for the topping.