Pumpkin and White Bean Lasagna
From The Vegan Slow Cooker, by Kathy Hester
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 20mins
For the Pumpkin-Tofu Ricotta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes, rehydrated
- 1 (15 ounce) package tofu
- 1 (15 ounce) can cooked pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
For the Lasagna
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 0.75 (10 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- In a food processor, blend olive oil and sun-dried tomatoes until paste forms. Add remaining ricotta ingredients, adding a little water if too thick. (This can be made the night before and stored in an airtight container in the fridge).
- Grease inside of crock pot.
- Spread thin layer of sauce over bottom of slow cooker.
- Place a single layer of noodles over the sauce, breaking off corners to fit if needed.
- Spread 1/3 of ricotta mixture over noodles, then a layer of sauce, then sprinkle 1/3 of the white beans over the sauce.
- Repeat the layers two times more, ending with a last layer of noodles and topping with sauce.
- Cook on low 3 to 4 hours or high for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until fork will easily go through the middle and past is al dente. (Add 1/2 cup extra sauce or water if you need to leave it in an hour or two longer).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was easy to prep and make and the taste was pretty good, but ours turned out a little dry, despite putting the crock pot setting on low for 3.5 hours as directed. I made no alterations to the recipe. Next time, I might check on it before 3.5 hours or add more marinara sauce. This was my first lasagna in a crockpot and I liked the technique. Made for Sun and Spice 2013.Reply