Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup pumpkin
- to taste confectioners' sugar
- 1 quart butter pecan ice cream, softened
- to taste whipped cream (optional)
- to taste pecans, chopped, toasted (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine fl our, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs at high speed for 5 minutes or until pale yellow.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Stir in pumpkin.
- Fold in dry ingredients.
- Line a 15x1Ox1 inch baking pan with greased and floured wax paper.
- Pour batter into pan; bake at 375'F for 15 minutes.
- Turn cake out onto a linen towel sprinkled with confectioners' sugar.
- Peel off paper; roll up cake with towel.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Unroll cake onto a baking sheet. Spread softened ice cream to within 1 in. of edges.
- Roll up cake again, without the towel.
- Cover and freeze. To serve, let stand a few minutes at room temperature before slicing.
- If desired, dust cake with confectioners' sugar and top with the whipped cream and pecans.