Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This sounds really good with the rum raisin ice cream. Time is so long because of freezing but I swear it's super simple to make. I found this in the October 4, 2005 issue of Woman's Day. I'm mainly posting so I don't lose it. Enjoy.
- Freeze pie crusts and a large metal bowl 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soften 2 pints ice cream at room temperature.
- Scrape ice cream and pie mix into chilled bowl; mix until blended (a potato masher works well).
- Divide between pie crusts. Freeze 2 hours, or until hard.
- Slightly soften remaining ice cream. Using an ice cream spade or scoop, top pies with ice cream.
- Freeze 30 minutes, or wrap airtight and freeze up to 1 month.
- Decorate with small candy pumpkins, if desired.