Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've never been a fan of guacamole for some reason. So I figured, why not make my own, have it retain some avocado...but use my favorite versatile Vitamin A rich veggie instead? This is a fun, flavorful, and healthy dip. Great with Homemade Corn Tortilla Chips, Easy Cheap Mexican Snack Food.
- 1 small avocado, peeled and mashed
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (1 15-oz can will do)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Scoop out all that avocado meat and mush it up well.
- Whisk all the ingredients together, serve with some chips and/or your favorite Mexican meal, and you're set.