Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Taste of Home. It comes with a wonderful cinnamon frosting!! Make these during the fall! NOTE: This recipe makes a lot of cookies! So make sure you have plenty of helpers to eat these!
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 6 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar; beat in pumpkin, eggs and milk.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, allspice and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2-inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until lighty browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In small mixing bowl, combine the frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Frost cookies. Store in the refrigerator.