Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are sooo easy and sooo delicious. I came up with this recipe (after much trial and error) while trying to make a really moist pumpkin muffin. These are not only moist but custardy, hence the name!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box vanilla cake mix (I like Betty Crocker Natural Vanilla or Betty Crocker SuperMoist Cinnamon Swirl Cake Mixes)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) canpacked pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix muffin batter ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed for two minutes or until smooth.
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick spray and fill with batter nearly to the top (because these are so moist, they rise very little).
- Mix together streusel ingredients until crumbly. Top each muffin with some streusel. (You can freeze any leftover streusel to use next time).
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs.
- Note: If using SuperMoist Cinnamon Swirl Cake Mix, swirl the cinnamon packet into batter after mixed and omit cinnamon and ginger from muffin batter.
Great muffins!! Moist, tasty and unbelievably light. Three out of five people who tasted them asked for the recipe.
These muffins were very moist and very tasty. I used french vanilla cake mix and only cooked them for 20 mins. They came out perfect. The streusel topping is wonderful on these muffins. Thanks for sharing.