Recipe by Hollyism
These are sooo easy and sooo delicious. I came up with this recipe (after much trial and error) while trying to make a really moist pumpkin muffin. These are not only moist but custardy, hence the name!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box vanilla cake mix (I like Betty Crocker Natural Vanilla or Betty Crocker SuperMoist Cinnamon Swirl Cake Mixes)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) canpacked pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix muffin batter ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed for two minutes or until smooth.
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick spray and fill with batter nearly to the top (because these are so moist, they rise very little).
- Mix together streusel ingredients until crumbly. Top each muffin with some streusel. (You can freeze any leftover streusel to use next time).
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs.
- Note: If using SuperMoist Cinnamon Swirl Cake Mix, swirl the cinnamon packet into batter after mixed and omit cinnamon and ginger from muffin batter.