Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
It's luscious and different!
Make and share this Pumpkin Creme Brulee recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a blender, and process the mixture until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Add the eggs and egg whites to blender, and process just until smooth.
- Divide the mixture evenly among 6 (6-ounce) ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray.
- Place ramekins in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan; add hot water to pan to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake at 300 for 55 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove ramekins from pan, and sprinkle each serving with 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place the ramekins on a jelly-roll pan, and broil the custards for 3 minutes or until the sugar melts.
- You can also do this with your hand held torch.
- Yield: 6 servings.
My first time making this delish dessert too. I only got 4 ramekins out of the recipe, maybe filled more? But it was delish, a nice Fall dessert.
This is my first attempt at my favorite dessert. I made exactly as written but only got 4 ramekins (maybe they are 8 oz size). Doesn't matter - this stuff rocks! So good, creamy and full of autumn flavor. Made for PAC Fall 2008 and will make again coz it's just so good! Thanks for a very nice recipe!!