Recipe by Sydney Mike
After several decades of making the original of this recipe [along with a couple of suggestions on how to improve it], I decided to post a revised recipe rather than going back & rewriting the original. I find this version thicker & more tasty!
Top Review by WI Cheesehead
The first time I made this (the whole batch) it came out too thick and kind of bland. Then I tried adding coconut milk instead of half and half (we're diary free), and it was nasty! I won't do that again. The 2nd time, I halved it (still made enough) but added 1 C leftover gravy and 1 C homemade beef broth and no milk. Still felt it needed some more flavor, so I added garlic powder. It wasn't too bad then! Maybe chicken would give it some more flavor. Still a good way to get in another super food! Tagged in Please Review.
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans sweet corn, drained
- 2 (14 3/4 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked, diced small (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons instant minced onion, coarse
- 1⁄4 teaspoon low sodium salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper