1 hr 15 mins
This is a delicious, thick soup with a bite. Great for fall!! You can also add mushrooms, red bell peppers and/or frozen green peas which give nice color and texture. It's even better the next day after all the flavors have had time to mingle together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium leeks (or 1 large onion if leeks aren't available)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 10 cups vegetable stock (if using vegetarian bouillon cubes to make the stock, eliminate the salt)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (unless you use bouillon)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pumpkin (4 cups)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1Cut the root end off the leeks and slice thin, including 3 inches of the green part.
- 2Heat olive oil in stock pot.
- 3Add leeks, carrots saute for 15 minutes.
- 4Pour in stock and bring to boil.
- 5Add potatoes, salt, cloves, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Cook for 30 minutes.
- 6Add pumpkin and corn, mixing until pumpkin is dissolved. Cook for 10 minutes.
- 7Enjoy! YUM!
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.6
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 27.1 mg
- Sodium 624.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: