Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a delicious, thick soup with a bite. Great for fall!! You can also add mushrooms, red bell peppers and/or frozen green peas which give nice color and texture. It's even better the next day after all the flavors have had time to mingle together.
- 2 medium leeks (or 1 large onion if leeks aren't available)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 10 cups vegetable stock (if using vegetarian bouillon cubes to make the stock, eliminate the salt)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (unless you use bouillon)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pumpkin (4 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- Cut the root end off the leeks and slice thin, including 3 inches of the green part.
- Heat olive oil in stock pot.
- Add leeks, carrots saute for 15 minutes.
- Pour in stock and bring to boil.
- Add potatoes, salt, cloves, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and corn, mixing until pumpkin is dissolved. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy! YUM!