Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was originally a bread recipe, but I always make them as muffins! It's definitely a favorite, and can easily be halved. Cooking time is for the bread.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups canned pumpkin (solid pak)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Mix all ingredients (chocolate chips last).
- If making loaves, pour into greased pans and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until knife comes out clean.
- If making muffins, fill greased or paper-lined tins 3/4 full and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until set.
- Note: Makes 1 large bundt, 6 small loaves, 2 regular sized loaves, or 24 muffins!
Delicious recipe, that's good for the kids. I used about 1/2 c. oil and the muffins still came out good. Next time, I will use just a slight bit more cinnamon to go with the sweet chocolate.
A very nice pumpkin muffin. Moist and tasty.
Great pumpkin bread! Kids loved it! Need to increase flour for high altitude.