Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The subtle pumpkin and cinnamon flavors pair nicely with chocolate chips.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in the pumpkin, egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.