Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe from Haiti, during medical mission team 2003. The sour cream gives it a little tang! I've modified the recipe to reduce carbs and fat.
- commercial reduced fat graham cracker crust
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular (or- 1/4 c sugar plus 1/4 c Splenda bulk)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar substitute
- reduced-fat whipped topping (such as Cool Whip)
- 1 dash ground cloves or 1 dash ground nutmeg or 1 dash ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix with electric mixer until well blended-- cream cheese, 3/4 c sour cream, pumpkin, Splenda Blend, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg.
- Add eggs and mix until blended.
- Pour into graham cracker crust.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until center is nearly set.
- Cool; and refrigerate 3 hr or overnight.
- Topping-- Mix 1/4 cup sour cream and brown sugar substitute.
- Spread topping over cheesecake.
- Before serving, spoon on Cool Whip and garnish with ground cloves, nutmeg, or cinnamon.