Pumpkin Bourbon Cheesecake
- Crust: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Butter the springform pan and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper.
- Combine the pecans, flour, brown sugar, graham cracker crumbs, butter, and egg yolk together in a large bowl. Press the mixture evenly onto the bottom of the springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Turn the oven down to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Filling: Combine the pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese, maple syrup, and bourbon until smooth. Combine with the sour cream and pumpkin mixture. Pour over the pre-baked crust. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until the centre shows little to no movement when the pan is tapped. Set aside to cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Topping: Combine the sour cream, bourbon, and sugar together in a small bowl.
- Spread over the cooled cheesecake. Bake for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand for 15 minutes. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until well chilled. Remove from the springform pan and peel away the parchment paper. Slice and serve.