Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These muffins are easy to make. They are very good. We eat them all day long.
Make and share this Pumpkin-Blueberry Streusel Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Combine in bowl.
- Cut in 2 tbsps butter or margarine until mixture is crumbly.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Line muffin pans with liners or grease.
- Combine flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Comine pumpkin, eggs and oil in medium bowl; stir well.
- Stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Fill cups 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle with Streusel topping.
- Bake for 28 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool slightly on wire racks.
- Serve warm.
I really love these muffins. I make extra struesel topping and stick extra blueberries I use a muffin "crown" pan-no papers. I got 15 quite substantial crowns. Regarding the green batter: I fold maybe two or three times only--then scoop batter with less blueberries onto the pan, then scoop batter with more blueberries on top-adding more blueberries if needed.
These were so tasty! I got 18 nice, large muffins. I used a regular sized muffin pan and they were done in 30 minutes. Also, mine were exactly the color I would expect, sort of the color of pumpkin cake with blueberries throughout. I used fresh blueberries. That may have made the difference in the color of mine versus the person who wrote the revue below. I really wish I had a camera, because they are really nicely shaped as well. I will be making these again!
This recipe didn't really work as I'd hoped. The combination of blueberry and pumpkin flavours was nice but the muffins were quite dense and doughy in the centre (despite testing done) and took on an odd green hue from the combination of blueberries and pumpkin mix. Also, I'm not sure how big a muffin tray you're supposed to use but I only got 1 dozen muffins out of this batch. The final result was okay but not something I'd make again without modifications.