Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Pumpkin is no longer just for Halloween! It has worked itself up from Thanksgiving to just any time you want a flavorful, hearty muffin. Apples have always been around, and paired with the pumpkin, you've got an instant winner! Times are based upon having the ingredients already prepared for mixing.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup solid-pack pumpkin (canned)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup chilled butter (1/2 stick)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 18 1/2 cup muffin cups or line with muffins papers.
- Sift first 4 ingredients into medium bowl. Stir sugar, pumpkin, oil and eggs in large bowl until well mixed.
- Mix in dry ingredients, apples, raisins and walnuts.
- Place equal amounts of batter into prepared cups.
- For topping:.
- Combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in small bowl. Cut in butter with fingers or pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping over muffins. Bake until muffins are golden brown, and tester inserted.
- into corners of muffins comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Serve pumpkin muffins warm or at room temperature.
Delicious! Not too sweet, moist and flavorful! I did substitute 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 3/4 tsp ginger, 3/8 tsp allspice and 3/8 tsp nutmeg for the pumpkin pie spice. Otherwise made as directed. I ate one plain, and DH ate his with butter and apple butter! Thanks Fluff! I will use this recipe often! Made for KK Mini Cook a thon!