- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup apple, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F Prepare an 8-inch round cake pan by greasing and flouring it.
- Combine pumpkin, eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add flour, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger and salt, stirring to combine. Add apples and nuts, stirring again. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cake, still in the pan, on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then invert cake onto the rack, remove pan and let cool completely.