Top Review by Cookworm
These are lovely and moist but not sticky or oily. I used homemade apple butter, and left off the nuts. I didn't have whole wheat pastry flour so I used half white pastry flour and half regular wheat flour. I love that they are so low in fat.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup honey
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 3⁄8 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup apple butter or 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, honey, pumpkin, oil, apple butter and vanilla; mix well.
- In another bowl, combine flour with remaining ingredients (except nuts).
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and only mix until blended. Don't overmix. Add the nuts.
- Divide the batter equally among 24 paper muffin lined cups and bake for 30-35 minutes.