Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Nice healthy pasta recipe
- 2 cups cubed pumpkin (1.5cm cubes)
- 1⁄4 onion, in wedges
- 100 g penne
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Place pumpkin and onion on backing tray, coat with a light spray of cooking oil. Bake at 200 C for 25 min or until tender.
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Drain pasta and save 2tbs of water.
- Add oil, garlic and chilli to the pasta pan and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add pasta and reserved water to the pan and combine with oil mixture. Stir through pumpkin onion and parsley.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
Hubby made this and it was surprisingly tasty given the few ingredients and simplicity. The only thing we did differently was leave out the onion. The recipe worked as stated. Will make again. Thanks for posting!
Yumm, this was tasty. I increased this recipe to serve 4 and tried to use the least amount of oil parmesan cheese as possible in an attempt to cut down on fat. Used a whole wheat pasta and increased the garlic and chili flakes considerably. Thanks for posting!